Director of UX & Design
BRING YOUR VISION TO OUR PRODUCT
Helping people lead healthier lives while changing the landscape of the US Healthcare system, Welld Health is seeking a new Director of UX & Design to join our growing team. The successful team member will take over responsibility for ensuring a clean, simple, delightful user experience for our customers. But be warned! Creating a clean, simple, delightful user experience in the US Health market is no easy task. We’re looking for a teammate to help us scale and innovate as we climb our steep growth curve toward Series A funding. This is a full time position open to remote work or located in our office in Charlottesville, VA.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO:
- Collaborate with Developers and Customer teams to identify customer-delight opportunities (as well as the occasional user-problem).
- Work with users to understand their frustrations and develop revolutionary solutions (visual, process, behavioral) to their business problems.
- Own end-to-end product usability by defining, developing and documenting design constructs for mobile and web products.
- Lead team efforts to expand and improve upon Welld’s design system.
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups and/or prototypes (and understand which is needed when).
- Conduct internal design reviews and discussions.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Collaborate and grow with other team members in agile methodologies.
- Evangelize good user experience across the entire Welld organization.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BE:
- Passionate - about building incredible, powerful, simple to use software experiences
- An entrepreneurial thinker - Drive better products through understanding customer problems and developing innovative solutions
- Curious - seek to truly understand the customer by conducting user research to prove hypotheses, get continuous feedback, and to iterate and improve your design.
- Collaborative - share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from your peers and stakeholders.
- A problem solver - someone who possesses a highly tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges.
- Independent and organized - provide solutions with minimal guidance.
- Someone who actually reads through the whole bullet list.
- Innovative - with the ability to consistently push boundaries and design standards to the next level.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A strong understanding of information architecture and interaction design
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Mobile design experience (iOS and Android)
- Experience designing for B2B products
- Experience with internal tools including, but not limited to Asana, Slack, Google Apps, Outline
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Lifecycle